Here is everything you need to know about getting your Malaga Airport VAT Refund. To find how and location of the Malaga Airport VAT refund spot, follow these steps.
Also, you can scroll down to find photos to help you find the spot to get your VAT refund in the Malaga Airport.
How to get VAT Refund in Malaga Airport:
Here are steps for getting VAT Refund in Malaga Airport:
- Allow time for Tax refund process before your flight departs
- Don’t pack away your purchases in your check-in luggage/ You will need to physically show them to the customs officer.
- Prepare your Passport
- Have your flight documents ready (bring boarding pass)
- Fill-in your Tax-free forms completely (requested at the store in-person when you purchased your goods)
- If you’re traveling within the E.U., get the stamp on your tax-free form at the final point of departure from E.U. at a specific tax-free customs counter. (location below)
- You must present your completed tax-free forms, receipts, passport, and purchased items to get a stamp.
- After you get a stamp, proceed through security, go to airport change office to get your tax refund (Next to Gate 42).
Click here for tips on Shopping in Spain: Getting VAT Tax Refund
Where is the Malaga Airport VAT Refund Spot?
1. Electronic TAX-Free System in Malaga Airport
Right near security, there’s an Electronic machine/kiosk where you can get your forms validated! You can do so without going to the Customs counter and talking with the customs agent. It might be quicker to use this machine then wait in a queue at the Customs counter. Look for “DIVA” on the machine as this will be where you validate your DIVA forms. If your validation status is approved, go through security and claim your refund at the Tax-free companies in the gate terminal. The Malaga airport change office to get your tax refund is beside gate 42.
2. Customs Counter in Malaga Airport
The customs counter in Malaga Airport for VAT refunds (non-EU residents) is located in Terminal 3, Main floor (Floor 1) on the left side of the Check-in area Desks 363-386. Get your forms validated here first, then go through security and claim your refund at the Tax-free companies in the gate terminal. The Malaga airport change office to get your tax refund is beside gate 42.
Happy Travels! Pin or Share this article to someone it might help!